Saturday, April 17, 2010

Welcome


My name is Rita Van Sickle and I have been happily married to Ed for 35 years. I am a mother of three, two sons and a daughter and a Grandma of three grandsons. Although, I was an Early Childhood Educator for 10 years before I became Director of a preschool, in The Woodlands, Texas, 18 years ago; my favorite and most important job is being a mother. I truly believe that parents are their child's first, and most important, teachers.

I love children and all of the gifts that they bring. They are our future and I truly believe that it is our responsibility to work together to nurture them into fine, responsible, loving adults who give back to our world.

This blog is written to all people who have contact with children. Whether you are a parent, sibling, grandparent, aunt or uncle, school teacher, Sunday School teacher, neighbor or store clerk, if you have contact with children, you have the potential to make a difference in that child's life. You don't have to have an education background to positively influence our future leaders. We are all "teachers at heart".

Keep reading for regular ideas to encourage, inspire and nurture the teacher that is in you. Our children need us! Your comments and suggestions are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs