Thursday, May 5, 2011

Beach Net Weave

Some recent blog posts on here and here brought up some old memories of a Weaving Fence at my favorite preschool of all time.




Well, as I was cruising our "Chinese Dollar Store" for a blow-up pool, I stumbled upon some beach/water toys wrapped up nicely in a fishing net. Now, you know I can't pass up a treasure like that!! ;) Low and behold:

What? Not impressed? Neither was Carter.

HA!

He added the Q-tips, though!
I thought it was a nice touch.

He is a bit young for this...but those of you with kiddos a bit bigger, give it a try!

This, of course, was a trial run for us. I'm thinking next time, I will look for a bigger piece and stake it into our big back-yard, with grass and blue skies...in CANADA! Woo Hoo! We are moving to Canada next month!

Okay, I had to sneek that in.

Last revelation through doing this pathetic attempt at art and fine-motor work...I'm thinking it would be fun to weave our chairs with colorful yarn and decor for a "special" chair! The Birthday Chair. The Valentine's Chair. The Father's Day Chair. Etc.

There is no way, my pictures could have inspired you, so go, explore, please check out these great posts from strangers I've never met:


If you try it out, let us know, we'd love to feature a much better example on our blog!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs