Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rice, Rice, Baby

When you live in China, rice is the easiest thing to come by!

I've been putting it off until C wasn't as obsessed with putting everything in his mouth. Don't get me wrong, some pieces made it in there. :{


He enjoys sticking ANYTHING that is in our table into the holes on the corners.


He was happy with this for about 5 whole minutes.


Then we had to spice things up with beach toys and dinosaurs! And another 5 minutes, we had!


I dyed a bit of rice last night while he slept using the same way-too-easy recipe as the pasta.

This is what is waiting for him when he wakes up!!

Lesson Learned: Us a tarp under the rice bin. Bow Tie Pasta was easy to pick up rice...not so much.

5 comments:

  1. oh he is going to have so much fun!!
    Can't wait to have them all play around in our table too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, sensory activity!

    When we lived in China, one day money blew on to our balcony. We never found out where it had come from, and it never happened again. I was just thinking if you'd done this activity on the balcony, people may have wondered where all the rice had come from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh... I just stumbled upon your blog for the first time... and saw your reference to China. I am moving to China with my family this summer for three years. Your picture looks just like the view from the apartment we will be living in! ha ha... how weird would that be if it is. What city in China are you in??

    I'm a new follower. Hope to have you follow me too... and stop by and share at my For the Kids Friday Link Party! I just posted this week's...

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-kids-friday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! Thanks for linking this up to the Outdoor Play hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! I need to try dying rice. Dyed pasta is like a staple around here. I can't believe I never tried rice.

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs