Sunday, July 29, 2012

Dry Erase Crayons... a new must have!

Okay, can you dust off the cobwebs?!!!
It seriously has been forever since I have posted on here! 


Let me fill you in on my life in a super quick way: 
Found out my husband was going to be transferred in February. Two weeks later our house went on the market. Four weeks later we were under contract. 4 weeks after that, we were under contract on the new house...and bam, we relocated 245 miles north.
So basically, I felt like I had nothing to blog about. All I would do was organize my house, clean my house, clean it again, and then pack.


However, last week I went to my favorite/least favorite place to shop: 
Wal-Mart for a nap mat. 
And the teacher in me could not pass up all the school supplies. I snagged some random stuff which I think I will start blogging more about later.


(Here is the nap mat tutorial I am going to follow. I mean, $100 bucks on etsy is just way too much for me. I spent $12 each on fabric, and $13 for the mat. So, two washable nap mats for less than $50.)


But today, we played around with these:


Here is an easy easy activity:
Grab a plastic sheet proctor.
A sheet of paper.
And a marker.
Draw anything you want them to try to trace and slide it inside the sheet protector!
 Instant dry erase board!
For example:
2-3 year olds: straight lines, zig zag lines, shapes, single letters (like A a )
4-6: Full name (remember, we don't write or read in all caps, so you don't either.)
Site words, alphabet, numbers, a non stick person
6-and up: spelling words (tracing over spelling words 3x is a proven technique to use with children with dyslexia.), art

Hudson: don't mind his grip, we are working on that too!
 He is working so hard trying to stay on the straight black line!
 See that black rag? The box comes with this neat mitt type eraser. Hudson loved that too.

My guys aren't even three yet, but they focused on this task for about 10 minutes. 
I was over zealous putting their whole name on a sentence strip. But hey, they need to be able to 'read' it and recognize and pick out letters. So still a teachable moment.

Speaking of sentence strips, they were also at Walmart on an end-cap. (When using them, make sure the red line is at the bottom. And please for me, Uppercase letters followed by lowercase. Can you tell it is my pet peeve!!!?)


I hope to be around more often! So check back!

Suzie

3 comments:

  1. Hi Suzie, I guess I found you at the right time, LOL I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU FOR THIS POST. (ALL CAPS)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too funny!!!!!!! Wishing I had someone to craft with today!

      Delete

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs